Human resources (HR) departments play a key role in building a healthy organization. HR professionals can help to develop and implement wellness programs, create a supportive company culture, and track progress toward wellness goals.
Here are a few specific things that HR professionals can do to promote employee health and well-being:
- Conduct a needs assessment to understand the health and well-being of the workforce.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive wellness plan.
- Communicate the wellness plan to employees.
- Train managers on how to support employee health and well-being.
- Partner with other departments to promote wellness initiatives.
- Track progress toward wellness goals and make adjustments as needed.
By taking an active role in promoting employee health and well-being, HR professionals can help to create a healthier and more productive workplace for everyone. To learn more, check out the infographic below.